[jawsscripts] Re: Frames

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 02:09:55 +1100

yep you sure can, but you need to put name of frame in Quotes, and, I couldn't
work out any way of doing that, without instead, using GetTextINRect, which is
more flexible, as if you wanna get reeeeal fancy, you can actually dynamically
control the edges of your Rect on the fly, based on way too complex an aray of
ideas for me to go into here, but, suffice it to say, you can, if you need to.
hopefully static will suffice though and you won't need to do that. static's
all you get with normal frame usage anywayz, but, it's very cool that it can be
done to cope with dynamic screen environs, using some mathmatical calculations,
based on integers gleaned from FindString functions, and subsequent
GetCursorRow and GetCursorCol integers, and fun stuff like that.
see my other long post for how to utilize the GetTextINRect function to only
speak text of certain colors. I found this very useful in my scripting work, it
became my fave function to utilize in my static terminal emulator job I was
doing.