[jaws-uk] computer query

  • From: "Paul Roberts" <anorack@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 17:29:49 +0100

Hi all,

Some time ago, I reported a problem in that after shutting down my PC and
hearing the closing jingle, the  PC wasn't closing down properly in that the
fan was stil running and the only way to switch it off was to hold the
buttton in on the tower for a few seconds until all went silent.

Whilst this is not a problem to do, it is a little irritating that this
glitch seems to happen and then right itself for no reason whatsoever.

The other problem is thhat from time to time, either on Outlook or the
Internet, JAWS keeps repeating certain words such as File or Edit.

The other day, I was chatting to the person who I got my PC from and
mentioned the above problem.

He suggested that I go into the menu options and at one point select I htink
MSconfig.

Can't remember what to do after but I think this process involves moving
things from the system tray.

If others on this list can shed any light and give me further instructions
then that would be brilliant.

Thanks

Paul.