[iyonix-support] Re: rom 512 purchase with oregano2

  • From: Steven Pampling <steve.pampling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 09:34:02 +0100

On 15 Oct, David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In message <37c618764e.jaycee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           JayCee <jaygcee@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[Snip]

> >That failure was described by JB as a failure between HSBC and the
> >card issuer, nothing to do with Oregano, that sounds plausible so why
> >not accept that it is not an issue of our platfrom.

> Because it worked immediately after with Firefox on a laptop.

I've had various issues with web forms while using IE and Firefox on a PC
which have come and gone with no apparent pattern.
Note that nothing changed on the client end, neither platform nor browser.
In fact in some instances trying alternately with IE and FF made no
difference but coming back to the problem half an hour later made a massive
difference.
You are assuming that the problem is browser/platform specific.
Never assume.

One possibility is that JB was monitoring items passing through and looking
for the confirmation of payment at the bank end. If this didn't happen then
he would investigate and make changes.
I put this as a possibility since it is the sort of thing we do at work
when we introduce a new system.

--

Steve Pampling