[iyonix-support] Re: ROM 5.12 downloaded succesfully

  • From: Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 14:09:01 +0100

On 15 Oct, John M Ward wrote in message
  <4e7634828djohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> In article <bec42b764e.steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Steve Fryatt <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On 15 Oct, Iyonix.2006a@xxxxxxxxx wrote in message
> >   <3c0f0c764e.HzN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> >
> > > Wow, what a modern setup where you are expected to print three
> > > pages.
> >
> > *Advised*, not expected.  This is standard on most online payment
> > sites: what if the email got lost or you didn't enter it correctly?
>
> I always save the web pages and then check that they are valid (I have
> had instances of saving pages with none of the transaction details
> included!) before leaving the site.
>
> If it hasn't worked, I take a "snapshot" using !Paint -- or FastStone
> screen capture on a Wintel machine.
>
> Oh, yes: I naturally then take at least two backup copies  ;-)

Why not just print to PS or PDF file?

> > > I'd expect that info to be sent to my via email as most online
> > > shopping services I use do.
> >
> > And me, but I'd also print all the pages out.
>
> Just save 'em and check that they are complete.  There is no need to
> waste forestry on this, in nearly all cases.

Er, yes -- thanks.  When I wrote "print", I was including the possibility
of printing to a PostScript file and keeping that, which is what I always
do (I only ever do this kind of transaction using FireFox under Linux); on
RISC OS, you could equally well use my own PrintPDF with GhostScript, as
Martin has already suggested.

Could we follow this up somewhere else, please -- it's off topic for this
list.

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/