[iyonix-support] Re: ROM 5.12 downloaded succesfully

  • From: Paul Vigay <lists-nospam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 09:57:03 +0100

In article <4e75bb7051tim@xxxxxxxxx>,
   Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A shame that USB2 is no better at accessing my SonyEric w800i which still
> crashes the machine when I try to transfer its images.  :-(

You've not got more than 2GB memory in the phone have you?

The w800i should use pretty much the same interface as the p990i, which
works fine on RISC OS 5.12/USB2.

However.... You do need to switch the phone USB interface to 'File
Transfer' instead of 'Phone mode'. This should be in the 'USB
connections'/setup menu on the phone.
This converts it into an external storage device. The default is 'Phone
mode' which will only communicate with a PC running their PC Suite software.

--
Paul Vigay                 __\\|//__            Life,
                           (` o-o ')        the Universe

"Intel Inside" - The world's most common warning label.