[iyonix-support] Re: Uncommanded shut-down

  • From: John <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 12:47:37 +0100

On 25 Jul, John <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have now contacted Andrew and ordered a new PSU in the hope that that
> will solve the problem. Back from abroad in a week: I'll report further
> then.

It looks as if I can now confirm that the shut-downs were caused by a
faulty PSU. Having returned home after a week, I tried to start the Iyo.
Multiple switching, leaving on until the PSU was warm, more switching, but
a total failure to start. I switched PSU to a previous one I had replaced
due to unreliability and it started immediately. It has also kept running
since then.
When the new 'proper' PSU arrives from CJE I'll switch over again, but it
looks certain that this was the cause of the problems reported.

John

--
    ____