[iyonix-support] Re: Uncommanded shut-down

  • From: John Williams <JohnRW@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 16:31:05 +0200

In article <51f7558a18mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   John <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Having shut down, and re-plugged into a 5-block that the 10-block is
> plugged into - so many connections needed!

Ah - I'd hoped that swapping the plugs and having the printer reset itself
instead would have confirmed the theory.

> - it occurred to me when I re-started to write this that on two of the
> last occasions the Iyo refused to start until the main switch on the back
> had been cycled off & on again. It then started normally. Sorry, forgot
> to mention that: it may have some significance?

Then the Iyonix may have just crashed spectacularly rather than been
de-powered, as de-powering it actually restores functionality.

I occasionally get a level of crash which defies the reset button and needs
a proper power-off reset to get back to a condition where it will restart.

Usually it's something silly I'm experimenting with!

So I think you perhaps need to look at, for example, any recently installed
software which may be causing such a crash.

John