[iyonix-support] Re: Uncommanded shut-down

  • From: Tim Hill <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2011 16:37:39 +0100

In article <4E2C23CA.6020109@xxxxxxxxxx>, John Ballance <jwb@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> On 24/07/2011 14:35, Tim Hill wrote:

[Snip]

> > Is there a way to bypass the soft start circuit altogether in an
> > Iyonix by [bre|m]aking a link somewhere?
> >

> hi

> not really

> soft start(!)

Sorry, is there another name for this on 'yonices? Power On seems a
misnomer, as the power (switch) is already on!  Perhaps what we have is a
literal 'Start' button.

> is a 2 nand gate cmos set reset flipflip feeding the
> poweron lead of the power supply. it uses software logic 0 to turn off,
> and hard contact to gnd via the power on push button to turn on

Ah, I see. Thanks for that.

Looking at wikipedia (ATX) I see that with ATX PSUs "Connecting pin 8 and
pin 16 (pin 14 in 20-pin ATX power supply) together will turn ATX power
supply on". So it can be done but not simply.

--
Production Support Services http://www.tightfittheatre.co.uk/services/
Web and IT services         http://timil.com/