[iyonix-support] Re: Shutdown-Restart

  • From: MrJTGibbs <trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 08:08:11 GMT

In message <71a809f84e.druck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> If I've accidentally hit the prompt instead of shutting down I usually
> ctrl+break to reset and go back to the desktop to shutdown again
> properly. However ctrl+break sometimes (usually after as crash)
> doesn't do a successful reset and hangs although at least once I've
> had a similar disc error from it. The solution is usually to perform a
> reset using the reset button rather than ctrl+break.

I wonder if this is a good moment to ask.
Is there any documentation about the different purposes of keystroke
combinations to achieve reset? I have the impression the approach has
become more varied with the Iyonix.

I have to admit to being hopelessly confused and find myself almost
randomly trying different things to get out of hang ups. A slightly
better understanding of the common ones would help, but reference to a
comprehensive list would start a learning process.

--
Trevor Gibbs