[iyonix-support] Shutdown-Restart

  • From: Richard Ashbery <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Iyonix ML <iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 10:40:47 +0100

If you shutdown the machine by CTRL-Shift-F12 it offers one button -
"Restart". Stupidly I have inadvertently pressed the F12 key again by
mistake instead of the 'Return' key. The machine responds by
displaying the normal single white command bar with its CLI prompt at
the bottom of the screen and then powers down.

When the machine is re-powered I get an error:
Disc error 23 at :4 C00 which presumably means the disc can't be
found.

Recovery is possible by leaving the machine off for about 10 minutes
and then re-powering. Have other users discovered this? Is there a
patch to stop this happening or do I have to pay more attention to
what my fingers are doing?

Regards

Richard