[iyonix-support] Scanner problems again.

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 14:10:28 GMT

This is with OS 5.12 and Epson Perfection 1660 photo.

I thought for a while this old problem had been solved, but, alas, not
so.

Today I have had when scanning or attempting to scan:

  1) "Scanner not yet found", after the computer had been on for
     about 2 hours.

  2) I then shut down completely, restarted, and attempted to
     scan; the computer locked solid and needed the reset button
     to unlock it.

  3) With the third attempt, USBKick got the scanner going
     without problems.

  4) Now, nearly 4 hours later, scanning still works OK.

Is this still a problem for others, or is it something in my setup?
Should I perhaps use USBKick before any attempt at scanning?

TIA,

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \   /                 \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne     \ / __            __  \                              England.