[iyonix-support] Re: Scanner problems again.

  • From: John Williams <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 11:11:18 +0000 (GMT)

In article <03599e974e.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't do a great deal of scanning, so I don't think it's worth
> running !USBKick in my boot sequence, good though the suggestion is.
> I'll just have to remember to run it every time I want to scan.

There will be no serious cost to the planet to do so - the extra delay and
electricity costs will be insignificant.

> However, I can't help thinking that one ought not to have to do this,
> valuable app though it is!

If it was an official Castle upgrade you'd install it without thinking. The
only difference is this is a utility kindly provided by Ian for our benefit.

It seems you are cutting off your nose for no reason at all!

It would also be useful to others to know that this solved your problem
effectively.

John

--
         Who is John Williams? http://www.picindex.info/author/