[iyonix-support] Re: Internet speed

  • From: Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 19:32:12 +0200

In article <alpine.DEB.2.00.0907221600380.18002@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Iyonix PC Owner <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have got an Obey file in !Boot.Predesk on my Iyonix with the following
> line in it: *sysctl -ew net.inet.tcp.mssdflt=1500

I've now put an Obey file, called SpeedupNet, in !Boot.Predesk (shouldn't
that be !Boot.Choices,Boot.Predesk?) with that line, but there's no
noticeable speed increase.

Roger wrote:
> What are you using to measure the speed?

NetSurf gives a good indication about downloading speeds.
Besides, for downloading NetSurf itself, I use an obey file, that also
measures the exact download speed. 320Kbyte is still the limit.

Kind regards,
Paul Sprangers