[iyonix-support] Re: Internet speed

  • From: David Pitt <pittdj@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:02:17 +0100

In message <507ece7b38Paul@xxxxxxxx>
  Paul Sprangers <Paul@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>In article <4A66EB3B.707@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>   David J. Ruck <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Check that you haven't configured your network interface to 10BaseT to
>> work around problems with ShareFS and slower Risc PC's. Do a *Status see
>> if exspeed is set to 10 rather than auto.

>There's nothing that I can find about the network interface. When I do a
>*Status, all kinds of more or less familiar information is given, but
>nothing about exspeed, whatever that may be. Could you please give me
>another clue?

The Iyonix configurations are ek****.

From my machine :-

EKLink     0 Auto
EKAdvertise 0 10 Half Full 100 Half Full 1000
EKFlowControl 0 Full

*co. eklink sets the speed.

*help eklink
==> Help on keyword EKLink
*Configure EKLink is used to set the speed and duplex settings for the
given unit.
Syntax: *Configure EKLink <unit number> Auto | 10 Half|Full | 100
Half|Full *

Netsurf downloads on my Iyonix at about 425MB/s, the Iyonix never
matches the speeds of my other hardware, Linux, Windows or Mac.
--
David Pitt

Using a Castle Iyonix running RISC OS 5.14