[iyonix-support] Re: Internet speed

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:10:57 +0100

On 22 Jul 2009  Iyonix PC Owner <iyonix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[snip]

> I have got an Obey file in !Boot.Predesk on my Iyonix with the following
> line in it: *sysctl -ew net.inet.tcp.mssdflt=1500

I tried just that, and it brought the start-up to a juddering halt,
presumably after that file was run, leaving me with all sorts of
things missing and an almost unworkable display. At least I could get
into !Boot and remove the file, and the next start-up went without
problem.

5.14, FWIW. My advice is, "Don't try this at home unless you know
exactly what you're doing :-)

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter, \  /      zfc Yb       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.