[iyonix-support] Re: Floppy disc for Iyonix Cube a possibility?

  • From: Iyonix.2006a@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 16:00:03 +0200

[snip]

> > The reason I'm asking is that I've recently acquired an Acorn A3010,
> > and I'm looking for ways to share files between them. I guess, if
> > possible, a network connection could be an alternative, or (slow)
> > serial connection.

> I had exactly the same problem, and ended up having to buy a network
> card for my brother's RiscPC so that I could transfer stuff by floppy to
> the RPC and then via a network cable onto the Iyonix...!

Well, a serial one is no problem either. If you then run PPP over that
one it's a normal network, albeit not as fast as Ethernet.

All you need are the null modem cable and then e.g. PPPWart and PPPWahl
which can be found on www.gag.de/software

--
Herbert

Herbert zur Nedden
German Archimedes Group http://www.gag.de

Herausgeber DER deutschen RISC OS-Zeitschrift.