[iyonix-support] Re: Floppy disc for Iyonix Cube a possibility?

  • From: davehigton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 11:46:12 +0100

Quoting Chris Evans <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Thu 26 Oct, Terje_Sletteb=F8 wrote:
> >=20
> > Hi.
> >=20
> > Does anyone know if it's possible to attach an (external) floppy disc to =
> the
> > Aria Cube model? I bought this model mostly due to space reasons (I have =
> > PC on the same desk, and this way, the Cube has space on top of the PC). =
> I'd
> > guess the motherboard is the same as the other models, and thus has a flo=
> ppy
> > disc connector but has anyone tried this?
> >=20
> > The reason I'm asking is that I've recently acquired an Acorn A3010, and =
> I'm
> > looking for ways to share files between them. I guess, if possible, a
> > network connection could be an alternative, or (slow) serial connection.
>
> Yes, a network would be by far the most useable solution.

I'm sorry, I should have chipped in earlier.  A network is a very good
solution; I have two A3010 on the home LAN along with an Iyonix and a
Risc PC.  They can all see each other's drives.  The one thing to watch
is that you need at least 2MB RAM in the A3010 to run the stack, and in
reality you won't have much free space unless you have 4MB RAM.

http://www.drobe.co.uk/features/artifact1467.html

Dave