[iyonix-support] Re: Floppy disc for Iyonix Cube a possibility?

  • From: "David J. Ruck" <druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: iyonix-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 17:49:36 +0100

On 27 Oct 2006 Iyonix.2006a@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> [snip]

Please don't snip the attribution lines of previous messages.

> > > The reason I'm asking is that I've recently acquired an Acorn A3010,
> > > and I'm looking for ways to share files between them. I guess, if
> > > possible, a network connection could be an alternative, or (slow)
> > > serial connection.
>
> > I had exactly the same problem, and ended up having to buy a network
> > card for my brother's RiscPC so that I could transfer stuff by floppy to
> > the RPC and then via a network cable onto the Iyonix...!
>
> Well, a serial one is no problem either. If you then run PPP over that
> one it's a normal network, albeit not as fast as Ethernet.
>
> All you need are the null modem cable and then e.g. PPPWart and PPPWahl
> which can be found on www.gag.de/software

Its far quicker type the data in by hand than use serial networking, get a
proper ethernet card, it will save countless greif.

Follow ups to csa.networking please.

Cheers
---Dave

  David J. Ruck    Phone: +44- (0)7974 108301    Email: druck@xxxxxxxxxxxx