[PCB_FORUM] Re: non allegro rs274x gerbers into allegro?

  • From: Dave Elder <dave.elder@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Apr 2008 11:12:21 +1300

Hi Dharma,

Generally speaking it's not possible.
Howver, I have written Skill code to translate Gerbers from several tools with some success.
I generally need to customise the code each time I run it. Not fun!

Cheers, Dave

Dharma Kemp-Bresett wrote, On 4/04/2008 10:50 a.m.:
Hi Everyone,
Is there a way to get 274x gerbers output from some other CAD/CAM program to read into allegro? The general error I seem to be getting is "N codes not supported" I have tried everything I can think of and none of it is working. Some of you must have run into this before.....?
Thanks in advance,
Dharma
KAW/USA Ltd.
39 Simon Street, #4
Nashua, NH 03060
603-886-8711 x212
603-881-8763 fax

//Confidentiality Notice: This email and any accompanying documents contain information that is confidential, privileged or exempt from disclosure under applicable law and is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee. This information is private and protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, or have received this email in error, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this document in any manner is strictly prohibited.//

begin:vcard
fn:Dave Elder
n:Elder;Dave
org:Tait Electronics
adr:;;PO Box 1645;Christchurch;;;New Zealand
email;internet:dave.elder@xxxxxxxxxx
title:PCB Design Manager
tel;work:+64 3 3580327
tel;cell:+64 21 37 37 25