[PCB_FORUM] Re: non allegro rs274x gerbers into allegro?

  • From: prez pete <prezpete@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 12:19:04 +0000

I have had good luck importing almost all non-allegro rs274x gerbers by first
opening the gerber file in a text editor like wordpad and making an old fashion
aperature list from the header of the file you would like to import

%FSLAX25Y25*MOIN*%  <-------- set this up in the parameter section format for
integer places                                                 and decimal
places for 2 and 5  or whatever the x and y numers are for your file
                                                 3 and 4 are common also
%ADD15R,.08X.5*%   set this up in the aperature table section....
%ADD16C,.04*%%ADD18C,.062*%%ADD14C,.054*%%ADD12C,.073*%%ADD10C,.082*%%ADD11C,.065*%%ADD17C,.096*%%ADD13R,.073X.073*%%ADD19C,.007*%%ADD20C,.008*%%ADD21C,.02*%%ADD22C,.012*%%ADD23C,.011*%%ADD24C,.05*%%ADD25C,.015*%%ADD26C,.025*%
the left side is the station # and the right is the aperature size. lately ive
also had to changethe file extension to *.art if it isnt already (might be a
16.0 thing).... then when you go to load the gerber file in the format section
of the load gerber form click on the manual section and tell allegro it isa
gerber4x00 file or gerber 6x00 file... hope this helps