Re: [icon-users] Removing a page break

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 12:07:29 +0200

In message <3c16b4354f.Stewy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Stewart J Brookes <stewy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As a postscript (though not Level 3) to the above, it's perhaps worth
> mentioning that you can search for page breaks in the Find dialogue if
> you tick 'In style' and then select 'Picture style' from the pop-up
> menu.

> That's a very useful feature, though it would be better if there was a
> separate 'style' for breaks and white spaces, etc., rather classing
> them as 'Picture style'. Would that be possible, please, Martin?

In theory yes, but things are exotic enough as they are. Internally,
breaks simply are a special kind of picture and hence have a picture
style applied to them even if the style properties are not actually
used. At the moment, whenever you create a page break, the standard
'Picture style' is applied to it. It would be possible to have another
predefined picture style in the document, e.g., 'Break style' and
apply that by default, but that would lead to a mix of both styles
when editing a document created with an earlier version. So, I do not
think it would improve things. Obviously, the search facility could be
extended to search for breaks directly, but that would really be a bit
over the top.

Martin