Re: [icon-users] Removing a page break

  • From: Stewart J Brookes <stewy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:28:30 +0100

Hi!

In message <f604aa354f.pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 22 Oct 2007  Martin Wuerthner <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>> <Innocent question> Wouldn't this sort of thing be easier if we had a
>>> "show invisibles" option, as Certain Other Apps have? Or have I missed
>>> something obvious, as I may well have done? :-) </Innocent question>

>> Yes, you have missed something obvious: "View => Guides => Breaks".

> Thanks and apologies! I still think that showing all "invisibles"
> could be useful.

As a postscript (though not Level 3) to the above, it's perhaps worth
mentioning that you can search for page breaks in the Find dialogue if
you tick 'In style' and then select 'Picture style' from the pop-up
menu.

That's a very useful feature, though it would be better if there was a
separate 'style' for breaks and white spaces, etc., rather classing
them as 'Picture style'. Would that be possible, please, Martin?

Taking a break,

Stewy