Re: [icon-users] Removing a page break

  • From: ralph_valmai@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icon-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 19:29:47 +0100

In message <33ff54354f.Chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Chris Terran <chris.terranova@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <350753354f.ralph_valmai@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           ralph_valmai@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
>> I have the feeling that this must be an old chestnut. In fact I am
>> sure I have done it before but now it escapes me and the two
>> references so page brakes in the manual are only about inserting.
>> It isn't a break that is part of a structure but one added
>> inadvertently by me.
>
> Select it (click where the break is) and use the delete key.

Thanks Chris,

I was selecting it by clicking in it. The border goes red, but it
doesn't delete (and, having been inserting pictures and deleting
pictures, all afternoon it seemed perverse that the page break
wouldn't work that way too). After I posted the query, I decided to
try the remaining obvious thing; click before with select and after
with adjust. It then turns black and deletes fine.

I must try harder before posting to the group. It is the second time I
have found the solution before I had a reply.

I should engage the brain before pressing the send key!

Ralph

--

Ralph & Valmai Stevens
In leafy Epping