[icon-discuss] Re: Streaming media from music websites

  • From: "Steve Dresser" <s.dresser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 22:16:51 -0400

Joe,

The tuner prompts you for your choice of player, not for file types. As far as I know, all the ACB Radio streams are .MP3 files.

Steve

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Giovanelli" <joegio1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Joe    Giovanelli To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent:  Monday,
May 26, 2008 9:29 AM Subject:  [icon-discuss] Re: Streaming    media
from music websites Howdy, From my limited experience the Icon cannot
support listening to those music files nor will it  support streaming
 radio.  Many of these files require the use of the Flash Player from
  Adobe. Joe G. On Mon, 26 May 2008 01:26:26 -0700, Rob    Lambert
wrote: >I was curious. On Barnes & Noble.com,    once you type in your
search  >query (you can search artist or title in    Music), and you
click on the  >album, it brings up a web page containing    the album
information. On  >this page is a link that says "Listen to    samples."
Clicking on this  >link will bring up a pop-up containing the    tracks
of the album. If you  >activate the links only navigation, you    can
navigate through by song  >title. My question is this: will the
Icon's media player run this audio  >stream or will I run into a
problem? Unfortunately I cannot try it  >myself as I don't have a unit
 yet. LOL E-mail for the greater good.   >Join the im Initiative
from Microsoft.