[icon-discuss] Re: Streaming media from music websites

Did you press OK to activate the link?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joe Giovanelli" <joegio1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2008 3:24 PM
Subject: [icon-discuss] Re: Streaming media from music websites

Hello, Amy,

I do not get an option to save or open.

I go to ACBRADIO and easily find the 4 links to which I can listen. I sit on a link. I tried the options and find nothing there. Then I open the link and again I don't find
a save possibility.

What am I missing?

Joe G.

On Mon, 26 May 2008 17:15:49 -0400, Amy Ruell wrote:

Hi,
Save the file when you get the option and then click on the stream from
within file explorer.
Hth,
Amy

From: Marta    Rodriguez To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent:  Monday,
May 26, 2008 7:12 AM Subject:  [icon-discuss] Re: Streaming    media
from music websites Hi Joe: My experience was that you couldn't listen
to    streaming media, but then in a vibug discussion of the braille
plus, I heard    Amy indicate that she could listen to the aph cafe
shows.  That's why I    asked if radio shows could be heard on the
device.  I tried opening those    shows, but have not been able to
listen to them.  I then tried saving    them, but no luck either. Marta
----- Original Message -----  From: Joe      Giovanelli To:
icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent:  Monday, May 26, 2008 9:29  AM
Howdy, From my limited experience the Icon cannot      support
listening to those music files nor will it  support streaming
radio.  Many of these files require the use of the Flash Player from
Adobe. Joe G. On Mon, 26 May 2008 01:26:26 -0700, Rob      Lambert
wrote: >I was curious. On Barnes & Noble.com,      once you type in
your search  >query (you can search artist or title      in Music), and
you click on the  >album, it brings up a web page      containing the
album information. On  >this page is a link that says      "Listen to
samples." Clicking on this  >link will bring up a pop-up
containing the tracks of the album. If you  >activate the links only
navigation, you can navigate through by song  >title. My question is
this: will the Icon's media player run this audio  >stream or will
I      run into a problem? Unfortunately I cannot try it  >myself as I
don't      have a unit yet. LOL E-mail for the greater good.   >Join
the im      Initiative from Microsoft.

No virus found in this incoming message. Checked by AVG.     Version:
7.5.524 / Virus Database: 269.24.1/1466 - Release Date: 5/25/2008
6:49 PM

Icon Discuss Mailing List
icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.freelists.org/list/icon-discuss

To unsubscribe from the list send a blank message with unsubscribe in
the subject line to:

icon-discuss-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

For answers to the most frequently asked questions about Icon and
Braille +, Visit
the LevelStar and APH FAQ pages:
Visit the LevelStar FAQ page at
Visit the APH FAQ page at