[icon-discuss] Re: Streaming media from music websites

  • From: "MICHAEL MCCARTY" <mmccarty@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 13:49:05 -0400

To save an ACBRadio stream, or any other for that matter, do the following.

1. Create a directory on your device for some files, I called my folder
"streams."

2. Click on the link for the stream you want to hear.

3. When asked if you want to open or save the stream, choose save.

4. Choose the folder you created for the stream files.

5. Edit the filename so that it looks good in the folder, so that you can
remember what the stream is, and be sure not to change the PLS or M3U extension
at the end of the filename.

6. Save the file.

7. Navigate to the folder you created and press enter on the file.

8. iCon/Braille+ should open the media player and begin playing the stream.

Sometimes it may be necessary to open the stream first, to insure that it will
play, then stop the stream and follow steps starting with #2.

Hope this helps.

>>> joegio1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 05/27/08 12:04PM >>>
Hi, Richard,

I can open the ACB sites directly, but when I bookmark them, and then go to one
of the
markers, the page never opens.

I copied a given site to the clipboard.  I opened the site with control v.  I
then
set a bookmark.

I went to bookmarks and selected it.  The page did not open

I appreciate and look forward to your help.

Joe g.