[ian-reeds-games] Re: Tactical Battle 1.12 dev 3

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 20:34:52 -0700

Hey Allan,

Thanks for the info on that bug. I think you mentioned in the past that switching empty_tile to tile on the move skill actually fixes the problem. That's what the getting started maps do in their move skill now and I think it's fine. I've put your notes about how to reproduce it in my list though so when I get some time I can figure out exactly why it was happening.

Everyone, I just wanted to share a quick thought on the replace_terrain= flag.

You could now have a skill called use door which would have this flag:
replace_terrain=open_door|closed_door,closed_door|open_door

This would allow you to use the skill to open and close doors and the doors would always remain in their same tile. It might be a good replacement for the zombie house doors, or the Tomb Robber doors. I know Austen also recently asked about a feature to support this kind of scenario better.

I'm sure you guys will come up with some pretty creative ways to handle new things with the flags.

Allan, just saw your note on the sound named activate. Gave me a good laugh. I think there's some old code that uses activate.wav anytime you activate a menu item with space bar or enter.
I never got around to finding an activate sound I really liked.