[ian-reeds-games] Re: Command and Conquer

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 18:54:06 -0500

Hi Craig,
I think this is going to be a great map pack!
I found myself very interested and  wanting to play, except for one time, but I
will get to that in a bit.
Love the music, is it from the actual game? It was very fitting.

I liked the random credit aquisition   at the end of each turn. Taht was a neat
idea.
i also like the leap attack by the dog! I was shocked when it actually
literally leaped to the square it was attacking at. I was like, "Hey, where's
my dog? Did anyone see my dog? I swear I left a dog right here!" lol.

I also liked the dog bark ability, which was most useful. I would have been
squashed and democracy destroyed forever! Good thing I could reload the map,
grin.

Two things  I kind of wondered about.
The leap attack was awesome, but it also had the limit of , when a tile is full
to the brim with units, the leap attack will not work. Have you thought about a
third attack that would allow the dog to attack in a regular manner? I ask
cause I know there is always balance issues. I would imagine an attack that was
smaller in damage, to help weed out the  soviet sympathizers.

The second thing that started to get real old, was the boot camps. The problem
is that I would constantly check each and every one so I could pump out a unit
as soon as possible. I stopped the game at five boot camps. I was wondering if
maybe, with your awesome godlike scripting knowledge, you might whip up an
alert sound when a camp or other structure reaches a point where it can produce
a unit. That way, you see the credits come in, and if the beep sounds, you know
you got a unit ready. Just a thought.
Another way that might help is splitting the boot camp  into two facilities.
One for dogs like a dog kennel or obedience school, which produces dogs and
then boot for the soldiers. Again, not written in stone, you have to balance
everything.

other then those two things, one really, cause the leap attack not being usable
didn't really come up that often, I think you got a good fun map. I kind of
wish I played command and conquer, but maybe it is a good thing I didn't, cause
everything is a nice surprise.

I hope that gives you some help in thinking things out. Please stick to this
project, because I think it will be incredible once it gets fully fleshed out.
Of course, there is star wars and I ain't letting you off the hook on that
either, grin.