[ian-reeds-games] Re: player sounds

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 13:40:14 -0500

Hi Zac,
Not exactly.
I have male and female voices. I wanted to make a warrior that is male, and a
warrior that is female. I couldn't make a warrior female cause I can't have the
same exact file name twice. So I had to rename all the female duplicates of the
units diffrent names.
For example a paladin is male, a crusader is female, a rogue is male, a thief
is female, etc.
In the game at present it isn't a problem.
But for a multiplayer game, I am thinking that lots of options are going to
have to go into a game before more then one person can play it.

I guess the players would have options before starting a game, like chooseing
gender, which team, difficulty, number of players (my map is going to be
designed for more then one player), inputing names and who knows what else.

I guess ina multiplayer, everyone has a team and chan choose the same unit, but
then could choose gender if applicable.

Currently however, what I have is ten units five male and five female and all
with diffrent class names just for the sake of having female sounds. So I was
wondering if it was possible to have just one unit, but which can somehow have
a gender flag for the player of a map to change from one to the other. I guess
it isn't a big deal,  but there is some some class names that don't have male
and female , or diffrent words to mean the same general thing.

For example, a cop. I would change that to male cop and female cop as two
diffrent units, but actually saying female and male is kind of clunky. I just
want a cop. I hope I explained it all right. I admit it isn't really all that
pressing, just a thought really.

thanks,