[ian-reeds-games] Re: Command and Conquer

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 21:41:49 -0700

Hey Craig,

I just got a chance to play your first command and conquer map. Pretty awesome.

I, like Allan, thought the use of the move_self flag on leap attack was a neat idea.

I also had a look at the shotgun skill and noted these lines:
infantry_health_inflict=30r60
vehicle_health_inflict=10r30
structure_health_inflict=30r60

It is so cool how you can adjust how much damage this particular attack deals based on the type of point the target has. So you might have a an armor piercing weapon that deals lots more damage to vehicles than other skills do but only deals normal damage to infantry as the armor piercing doesn't matter as much on them. I don't really know much about actual weapons so maybe that example is a poor one but I still think your use of different health points was cool.

I suppose this was another way to handle skill immunity since the attack dog deals no damage to vehicles or structures so hopefully the not_useable_on= flag will make that a better experience.

I noticed a small issue. The War bear used Bear roar and stunned itself as well as my units. We'll need an immune_effects= flag or something so war bears can be immune to bear roars. Hmm, also it only stunned one of the 2 peacekeepers on the same tile, strange.
Well more bugs for me to look at, smile.

Well anyway, pretty fun.  I'm going to finish beating the map now.

Later,