[ian-reeds-games] Re: Tactical Battle 1.12 dev 3

  • From: Ian Reed <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2013 22:11:39 -0700

Hey Allan,

Thanks for the notes on the user guide.  I've made the corrections.
So currently it is hard coded that the team with number=1 is player controlled and all others are AI controlled.
I neglected to mention that in the user guide but it's in there now.
Your question about a player_controlled flag or related makes sense.
I didn't add one yet because I need to do more thinking about how multiplayer will work. For example, if there was a map that had 4 possible teams and you had 2 or 3 players you might want the players to fill in any teams they could and then have remaining teams be AI controlled so you could still play the map even though you didn't have 4 human players. And I think you're also talking about a hot seat multiplayer mode which would feel like a board game. I don't see any reason this couldn't be supported, I expect it will be similar to the network multiplayer but without the network.
It might be implemented a bit differently under the hood, not sure yet.

For today though, you're stuck with team 1 being the player controlled team, smile.

Oh and a note for everyone.
If you're getting an error that looks like this:
System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

It's because you need to copy the getting started teams folder into your map pack folder.
I only noticed it after I released dev 3, sorry about that.