[ian-reeds-games] Re: Some thoughts on randomized numbers

  • From: Zak Claassen <zak.claassen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2013 08:18:16 +0200

Hi Ian, this seems like something that could make the game more
interesting.  The first option where a unit does 5% more damage than
its original damage makes more sense since it would deal the same
amount of damage to a unit regardless of its health.  The "all"
keyword for all damage types could be useful, but just a question:
lets say the unit deals 2 physical damage and 2 magic damage and you
specify health_protect=1|all, would it protect against 1 of each
damage type or 1 over all, in other words would the unit lose 3 health
or 2 because it removes 1 physical damage but also 1 magic damage?
And about the range, you could use a colon if punctuation is
preferred, but it doesn't really matter, any character would be fine.
R does actually make sense since you're already using D for dice, so
nevermind.