[openbeos] Re: the browser ...

  • From: "Rogier van der Hee" <rogier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 11:01:50 +0100

> Personally, I agree 100%.  Mozilla is the easiest choice, and a lot of the
> BeOS features someone mentioned as not being used in Mozilla could (as far as
> I know) be relatively easily implemented and incorporated in

Hi, just joined this list too.

I already created a BeOS skin twice, and this is one of the older ones:
http://www.vanderhee.net/screenshot_mozilla_m16_beos.png

With the XBL bindings and stuff it's really easy to implement BeOS-only stuff
such as a double arrow in the scrollbar (I have it in another screenshot..).
The only problem is that most things are ondocumented and take a lot of testing
to get to the right thing.

The problem right now is that the skins implementation is really changing quite
a lot. Modern and Classic are still being vastly refactored internally, and
Mozilla recommends making a skin based on one of them.

Off course, the skin is least important and last in the process, but it's kinda
cool to have a native looking browser ;-). Once the new simplified skinning is
in place, chalk me up for a OpenBeOS skin.

Rogier
--
http://www.vanderhee.net