[openbeos] Re: The world as we know it

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:07:38 CEST (+0200)

"Nathan Whitehorn" <nathan.whitehorn@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Compared to everything else in existence, it is a joy. Compared to
> what
> it *could* be, it is tolerable.

See? :-)

> The decisions made "nearly a year ago" were short-sighted then and
> are
> short-sighted now. I argued against them then; I continue to do so
> now.
> Just because something has been decided doesn't mean that was the
> best
> thing to do then or, more importantly, remains the best thing to do
> now.

Okay, obviously we can't convince you. Nice. But OTOH it also looks
like you can't convince us. Let's call it even :))
See, the recent article from Daniel Switkin on OSNews agrees with you
on that point - but although he also has very good arguments to drop
binary compatibility, I still manage to keep my opinion - with good
arguments on my part, too.

Anyway, it also looks like the people who contribute are able to agree
on this point. That's why I meant: bear with us and our so short-
sighted decision, accept it :-)

Adios...
   Axel.