"Solaja, Zenja" <solaja@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > <taken from OSNews and the article by Daniel Switkin> > <quote> > I have a strong feeling that OBOS R2 will arrive before R1. Why? It > is > common knowledge that the last 10% of code takes 90% of the > developers time. > ... > </quote> > > Hmm, there seem to be a lot of BONE and Dan0 only apps on BeBits > lately. I > have a feeling the same thing will happen with OBOS - R2 will be > unofficially out long before R1 (R2 being the Gcc3.2+ binary > incompatible > version). No, sorry, that's stupid - the last 10% usually also take much time because the other 90% don't make a complete product. Of course, you could compile R1 with gcc 3 before R1 is ready - but what do you intend to do with a buggy and incomplete OS? Surely, you won't just call it R2 and install it on your machine :) And if someone wants to recompile R1 with gcc 3, he has to live with the fact that we will break binary compatibility for him only with the next release. Not all developers are hackers and geeks that have to live on the edge (no offense :-)). Adios... Axel.