[haiku] Re: Res: [ḧaiku] can anybody help me to compile blender

  • From: Michael Weirauch <dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 10:42:40 +0200

2009/9/17 Skar Cat <skarmiglione.sk4r@xxxxxxxxx>:
> hey but in the tree of blender have a directorys for get compiled on Beos
> and Zeta...that no make more easy the port?

@Skar Cat
Where do you see BeOS or ZETA directories? Which version of the blender source
are you refering to?

To make that clear again, blender runs on Haiku, but it is *not* usable!
That's what I told you before. You can't use it for being productive.
You can launch it, have some mouse interaction (keyboard handling commented)
and you can close it with Alt+W.

Have you actually tried using the patch from the haiku-ports page?

@all
But first the double buffering on Haikus side needs to implemented and then
you can actually make use of blenders UI.

So anybody wants to join in helping with the double buffering?
Arthur, Korli, Philippe? ;)

I've tried having a look at the implementations of the other platforms but
couldn't get a clue of how to set up the buffers correctly. Namely setting
up an additional renderbuffer (BUFFER_BACK_LEFT) and attaching it to a new
or the present framebuffer without Mesa naging about this being wrong.
Of course a second BBitmap needs to be set up. Dunno if the [STORE,FETCH]_PIXEL
macros need some adjustment, too...

Michael