[haiku] Re: Propose for banning (was Reducing paper waste at conferences)

  • From: "Christopher R. Halbersma" <chalbersma.12@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 05:47:31 -0600

How about we just get back to the original argument?

On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 05:39:21 -0600, Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jorge G. Mare wrote:
Hello,

Alexandre Deckner wrote:
<snip>

I don't mind disagreement and a heated discussion, but this has gone
too far. Such explicit and unwarranted personal attacks using this
sort of language should not be permitted in the Haiku mailing lists.

Man, of course "fuck" is a bad word but don't see more in it that it
really is. It's just the official and most compact way to say the
opposite of thank you. Some write it with stars like f**k or f*ck, some
use ten sentences to express the idea, but honestly the word is used by
everyone in real life (even children, yes) so even if i personally use
it very rarely (especially in text form) i find it a bit hypocritical to
be all sensitive about it. It's just that you drove me crazy to the
point i couldn't sleep, i tried to act like a unemotional and rational
person to my best but at some point the human in me needed say it so i
could sleep in peace (well it didn't really help in the end). All in
all, there is a part (honeslty the biggest) in me that regrets and an
other part that is relieved, but i'm not perfect, no one is.

Alex