[haiku] Propose for banning (was Reducing paper waste at conferences)

  • From: Alexandre Deckner <alex@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 12:39:21 +0100

Jorge G. Mare wrote:
Hello,

Alexandre Deckner wrote:
Koki, just start a vote and lets be finished with it. And fuck you, for all the lack of respect you showed at me, and yes i'm being diplomatic.

I don't mind disagreement and a heated discussion, but this has gone too far. Such explicit and unwarranted personal attacks using this sort of language should not be permitted in the Haiku mailing lists.

Man, of course "fuck" is a bad word but don't see more in it that it really is. It's just the official and most compact way to say the opposite of thank you. Some write it with stars like f**k or f*ck, some use ten sentences to express the idea, but honestly the word is used by everyone in real life (even children, yes) so even if i personally use it very rarely (especially in text form) i find it a bit hypocritical to be all sensitive about it. It's just that you drove me crazy to the point i couldn't sleep, i tried to act like a unemotional and rational person to my best but at some point the human in me needed say it so i could sleep in peace (well it didn't really help in the end). All in all, there is a part (honeslty the biggest) in me that regrets and an other part that is relieved, but i'm not perfect, no one is.

Alex