[openbeos] Re: OBOS new name

  • From: Ari Haviv <AriB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 19:27:57 -0500

I'm sure our praying mantis will help eat all of Microsoft's friggin butterflies that have infested my city!
http://digitalmass.boston.com/news/2002/10/25/msn_logo.html

grayshade wrote:

I'd strongly advice against putting the actual animal, should "Mantis" or
"Firefly" come out as winners, prominently into the logo. The official

logo should

be businesslike and no-nonsense as you don't want to give professionals

the

feeling they work with a geek OS of some crazy adolescent hackers.

freebsd has such a cute daemon in its logo, and professionals _don't_ feel like they're playing with "a geek OS of some crazy adolescent hackers".