[openbeos] Re: OBOS new name

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 21:49:17 -0400

That probably isn't too bad of an idea...

Auros - from the Greek - to hear/hearing/audible
Begin - verb - to start.
Dysis - Greek Goddess of Sunset
Firebox - the part of a furnace where the burning is done
Firefly - a winged insect, native to North America (other places?) that emits
light
Forge - a furnace/area used for shaping metal
Haiku - Japanese - a poem with a particular form - Net+'s error messages are
Haikus...
Indigo - a deep purple
Infinity - never ending, the mathematical representation of the highest number
possible
Jaffa - a region of Israel and a type of orange
Mantis - a Preying Mantis is a helpful insect that eats other insects
Menlo - where Be was located, also where Edison did most of his inventing
Nemo - fictional captain, creator of the Nautilus
Nova - an exploded star
Terra - latin root for Earth