[openbeos] Re: OBOS new name

  • From: Alvaro González Crespo <agonzalez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:05:17 +0200

> >> Nova - an exploded star
> >
> >Nova means new.  A supernova is an exploded star. (e.g., Nova Scotia = New
> >Scotland)
>
> A nova is an exploded star. Really. Look it up. (And I thought that my
> college astronomy class would never be useful). ;-)

A nova is called nova as it is some kind for a new beginning on a star,
a new and higher shining. Is a beautyful name, but some can think that
stars that shine double live half :) . But i vote for it.

Eberybody remember Cartago Nova here on Spain, the big Roman emplacement
2200 years ago, actually called, Cartagena.

--
Linux registered user #178843 - http://counter.li.org
Alvaro González Crespo <agonzalez@xxxxxxxxxxx>