[openbeos] Re: OBOS new name

  • From: Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 09:55:39 +0000

On 2002-10-25 at 01:49:17 [+0000], you wrote:

> Auros - from the Greek - to hear/hearing/audible
"Au" the ISO for Gold comes from the Latin which is what I was thinking
when I saw the list.

Anyway, well done team on choosing a list and more importantly a
non-standard poll for collecting the results.

As many have said, the name itself isn't so important and distributions
will be able to carry their own name anyway. The rest is marketing. We'll
also be able to release the BeGeistert version so we've got a head-start ;-)

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20