[openbeos] Re: New website home page mockup

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 12:53:07 -0700

Hello Peter,

Petter Holt Juliussen wrote:
Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) wrote:

Good idea. Petter?

I'm still in favor of making sections. With this kind of 'home page', a visitor will be presented with a lot of unneeded info.
If we have a page for developers, one for users and so on, we could present targeted information at each section towards
each 'group' of users rather than presenting a mix of everything at the very front page.

There are areas for the various groups and/or purposes, and they are defined by the top menu entries: About, News, Development, Documentation and Community.

The front page is just provides entry points to the sheer amount of information that our website will host, to make it easy for visitors to find what they are looking for. There is a deliberate focus on development related content, but that's just because current our key audience are developers. This will change in the future.

I think we should have very basic information at the front page - information that would be of interest to all groups, and of
course news.

What groups are you specifically referring to?

Koki