[openbeos] Re: New website home page mockup

  • From: Gavin James <gavin.james@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 15:06:46 +0100

Thom Holwerda wrote:

While I really like this mockup (clean and to the point), I really think
Haiku should more strongly emphasize its heritage (BeOS). Since most of the
potential initial userbase will consist of die-hard BeOS fans such as
myself, emphasizing this part of Haiku's past is critical, I think.

Once Haiku is ready for user consumption, I'm sure there'll be some kind of screenshot on the front page (I'm seeing something similar to Mozilla.com)... anyone who knows BeOS will instantly recognise those yellow tabs ;)

That said, from a purely marketing POV... there's probably relatively few people who were die-hard BeOS fans and do not already know of Haiku.

- Gavin