[haiku] Re: Multi-track recording and compositing

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 12:10:10 +0200

Hi Cyan,

Cyan schrieb:
If anyone does have any ideas about improving the resampling in the
Media Kit Mixer, please comment! I sent an e-mail to the list a few
weeks ago concerning dithering/SRC, but there didn't seem to be any
interest. (is this the right place for it?)

There is definitely interest. Just serious lack of spare time. :-\

I am willing to try implementing a sinc resampler, but in order to do
that there will need to be significant changes to the code structure.
Unfortunately I can't make those changes alone.

Please just go ahead and discuss the changes you need to do or consider doing as you face them! I can send you the code I did, but it doesn't take proper care of boundary samples (which I suppose are the needed architectural changes you're talking about). However, I stopped working on it, because it didn't seem to have any audible effect.

In any case, digging into the code and trying to change it is definitely the right approach, otherwise most often nothing gets done in the end.

Best regards,
-Stephan