[haiku] Re: Multi-track recording and compositing

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 14:02:43 +0200

On 2009-06-06 at 14:42:46 [+0200], Pier Luigi Fiorini
<pierluigi.fiorini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Stephan Assmus ha scritto:
> > Great news, everyone! I just reached my old boss, Steffen Friedle, and
> > I have now permission to publish "Clockwerk", the multimedia
> > compositing editor that was part of the application suit develped by
> > Mindwork under the GPL. (This was the plan for a while, but we wanted
> > to discuss some final details first.) I have worked on this application
> > from January 2006 to around June 2008, mostly full-time, Axel and Ingo
> > worked on other Mindwork applications, but also on some aspects of
> > Clockwerk. So this is quite a headstart for any multi-track recording
> > software. My plans are currently to publish it on OS-Drawer. If that
> > doesn't work out for whatever reason, it will be berlios.de. I am
> > really excited about this! I just need to prepend GPL headers to most
> > files and add some documentation. :-D
> The project page:
> http://dev.osdrawer.net/projects/show/clockwerk
>
> Subversion repository:
> http://svn.osdrawer.net/clockwerk/
>
> OsDrawer cronjob should have added you as a developer.
>
> Thanks for the submission, and for being a tester of www.osdrawer.net ;)

I am still in the process of adding proper licenses to all files. The ones
that have been written for Mindwork (i.e. directly for Clockwerk) will all
be GPL v2, but there is a great many "generic" files that are direct copies
of files from WonderBrush and eXposer. Those will all be licensed under
MIT. And I have to pay attention to who did what.

Once that is done I want to switch from the Haiku based Jamfile system,
which supports different host and target platforms, but is currently broken
for "haiku_host", to the Jamfile system used by Beam. And I want it to be a
Haiku only project. Once it is compiling, I will do the initial check-in.
Should be sometime this weekend.

Best regards,
-Stephan