[haiku] Re: Multi-track recording and compositing

Cyan <cyanh256@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> which will definitely cause serious problems. The issue is the
> "drop sample" SRC in the Media Kit Mixer; we need something like a
> sinc pulse SRC algorithm, but the existing code structure does not
> appear to allow it without re-writing significant parts.

Can't this be implemented by overloading the Resampler class?
The mixer allocates one object for each stream, so you can store
state keeping data into the class.
http://haiku.it.su.se:8180/source/xref/src/add-ons/media/media-add-ons/mixer/Resampler.h

> Media Kit Mixer, please comment! I sent an e-mail to the list a few
> weeks ago concerning dithering/SRC, but there didn't seem to be any
> interest. (is this the right place for it?)
haiku-development would be better.

> I am willing to try implementing a sinc resampler, but in order to do
> that there will need to be significant changes to the code structure.
Can you explain what needs to be done?

> Unfortunately I can't make those changes alone.
Perhaps stippi can provide some support, I don't have enough time
for coding at the moment.

regards
Marcus

Jetzt klicken und gucken! Das Arcor.de Fotoalbum mit tausenden von öffentlich
einsehbaren Privatfotos!
Wir empfehlen die Kategorie Singles!
http://www.arcor.de/rd/palb