[haiku] Re: Multi-track recording and compositing

  • From: Marcus Overhagen <marcusoverhagen@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 13:40:24 +0200 (CEST)

Cyan <cyanh256@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> which will definitely cause serious problems. The issue is the
> "drop sample" SRC in the Media Kit Mixer; we need something like a
> sinc pulse SRC algorithm, but the existing code structure does not
> appear to allow it without re-writing significant parts.

Can't this be implemented by overloading the Resampler class?
The mixer allocates one object for each stream, so you can store
state keeping data into the class.

> Media Kit Mixer, please comment! I sent an e-mail to the list a few
> weeks ago concerning dithering/SRC, but there didn't seem to be any
> interest. (is this the right place for it?)
haiku-development would be better.

> I am willing to try implementing a sinc resampler, but in order to do
> that there will need to be significant changes to the code structure.
Can you explain what needs to be done?

> Unfortunately I can't make those changes alone.
Perhaps stippi can provide some support, I don't have enough time
for coding at the moment.

Jetzt klicken und gucken! Das Arcor.de Fotoalbum mit tausenden von öffentlich
einsehbaren Privatfotos!
Wir empfehlen die Kategorie Singles!