[openbeos] Re: Intel 945GM Support (intel_extreme driver)

  • From: "Axel Dörfler" <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 00:25:48 +0200 CEST

"Mathew Schofield" <mr.skoe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The one in the mail carried enough information, thanks.
> > I've changed the driver to take the mapping changes into account,
> > please test it again.
> Okay, i currently get a blank screen. That is with both the laptop's
> screen and with attaching an external monitor.

Blank screen because the app_server hangs or is crashed, or is there a
running BeOS in the background? (ie. can you log into that machine via
telnet/ftp, does it react to pings?)

> I'm thinking it's probably digital output right?
> How hard would it be to add digital output to the driver?

I dunno, I thought it wouldn't be that hard, but tic's laptop proved me
wrong at BeGeistert - there, it basically worked, but there were some
weird issues with the screen space (the native resolution was cut off
with a black frame at the left and bottom).

Bye,
   Axel.