[openbeos] Re: Intel 945GM Support (intel_extreme driver)

  • From: "Mathew Schofield" <mr.skoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 14:07:04 +1000

Hi,
Please feel free to shoot me down, if it's necessary.

I believe i've found the problem to the i945GM crashing on startup. I
*believe* that the GTT_BASE address has changed from 0x10000 to 0x1c.

I've created a patch that:
~ Adds IDs for i915 based chipsets. They are commented out, however.
(Makes testing easier). This only includes 915/945.
~ Added a switch for i915 based chipsets in determine_stolen_memory_size().
~ Defined "INTEL_GTT_BASE_I915". As stated above.
~ Added an if statement to set_gtt_entry, now (depending on the
chipset) the correct GTT_BASE is used. Is this the way you want it
handled?

There are still some unknown problems, and i'm assuming testing is
needed -- (That's why the IDs have been commented out):
- The hardware cursor doesn't work. It simply enough doesn't display
on the screen.
- The black lines exist.

Like i said above, if you feel it's necessary shoot me down...

--
Thank You
Mathew Schofield