[openbeos] Re: Icon Design Contest

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 19:17:12 +0200

> Just had this posted to the forums:
>
> From jeanmarc:
>
> >Hi peeps,
> >I would like to submit the Neu icon set from Silvestre Herrera, check it
> out
> >http://www.silvestre.com.ar/wp-content/uploaded/Neu-0.6-PR3.tar.bz2
>
> They would need to be formatted to contest specifications (there are SVG
> files in the archive).
> I can possibly do it this weekend if somebody else doesn't do it.
> License is GNU GPL v2, this is compatible right?

The license is unfortunately not compatible. But I think it would be
interesting to make an entry for this anyways, since as you have already
pointed out, the contest seems to be more like a brainstorming thing. This
time though, I would suggest rendering the icons at each size instead of
making scaled down versions from a large rendering using a bitmap editor.
Otherwise "What You See Is Not What You Get". :-) Looks like these icons
have been created with Inkscape, so it would be easiest to use the Export
Bitmap feature from that app. If you can work on this over the weekend,
that would be great -> thank you!

Best regards,
-Stephan